Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tattoos

In general before this weeks class when I thought of Tattoos I mostly imagined the hard nosed tough guy in prison whose got 10 or more of them, this is even though I myself have thought about getting one and many of my friends have 1 or 2. I don't know why, I have just always associated the word with people who some would say have overdone the body modification of it. When we broke into groups and saw the different versions of the blond girl my group called "Brandy" we really saw how different tattoos can represent different things and how tattoos can really change your judgment of people. I believe this is completely unfair, in my personal experience I had a teacher in high school who always wore long sleeve shirts even in the hot June summer times because he had arm tattoos he couldn't show while teaching. While we must work hard to improve the social perception of tattoos, those with them must understand that some may not understand their expression the same way they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment