Friday, March 23, 2012

Dr. Harry J. Haiselden & Negative Eugenics

I read this and found it to be chilling (Medical Apartheid, Ch.8 pg. 192): "Practicing negative eugenics very publicly, Haiselden encouraged parents and other pediatricians to follow his example by or allowing the deaths of the "genetically inferior." Parents began openly to recruit doctors to kill their children who were born with birth defects, and doctors came forward with their own proud confessions of infanticide. Haiselden arranged "photo ops" with his dying patients and their mothers.

I find this horrible and disturbing. I don't think it is anything to be proud of. I'm so thankful I did not live in this time, how any doctors or parents could kill their children for this or any other reason is beyond me.

- Josh Steffen

No comments:

Post a Comment