Saturday, April 7, 2012

Reply on Jill's articles

 After reading some of the articles Jill provided, I found it interesting to read the one about twins because I am a fraternal twin. I know the examples they are identical but it made me wonder why this was the case. From what I read there seems to be both a physical and mental reasons that a person feels a want to be the opposite sex.

-   "I have always known I was a girl,'' Nicole told the Boston Globe. "I think what I'm aiming for is to undergo surgery to get a physical female body that matches up to my image of myself.''

From what Nicole says above, she made that decision based how she viewed herself in society. Is she conforming to what society classifies as a girl? Or is this due to something genetic and what gives you your gender identity through childhood development?

I honestly think it could be from a combination of both. With certain social norms and stereotypes I feel like an individual that feels more comfortable with the opposite sex's norms, they would feel pressured into conforming to them.


Brian G

No comments:

Post a Comment