Monday, April 9, 2012

Death

Why did they continue to take samples from Henrietta's body after she was dead?  Mary Gey finally saw her as a human being when she was doing the partial autopsy and she saw the red nail polish on her feet.  This would kinda freak me out because you don't know the story behind the person and how they were before they died.

After her death, and many stories were published, Henrietta's name started to get butchered.  They created many pseudonyms so they could get past the consent laws.  This to me was so unethical, it made me sick to my stomach. 

It is very weird to think that Henrietta Lacks's cells are everywhere.  I was vaccinated with the HPV vaccination and her cells were used in making that vaccine.  Where else could her cells be?

Leslie Walter

No comments:

Post a Comment