Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Reaction To Meghan Tonjes

I am so glad that Jeff mentioned Meghan Tonjes to the Women's Student Union. I think that everything Meghan is doing with Project Life Size, and her music is wonderful. I wish I had the strength to do some of the things she does. I think that when you define yourself as a feminist, like I do, people have a certain stereotype about you. When I see other feminists, I see how confident they are with themselves, and they don't follow the rules that society has laid out for other women like them. But I am not like that. I am still very self conscious about myself and constantly find myself following the rules of society, so that I fit in. And I envy people like Meghan Tonjes who can go on youtube, talk about things that they are passionate about, and not have to worry about the negative comments that people might leave. I wish was comfortable enough with myself to do what she does. She is an incredibly strong woman. Also, as a musician, she was just amazing, she completely blew me away!

No comments:

Post a Comment