Thursday, April 19, 2012

Few for the Many?

Today in class, we had a very serious discussion on whether the few should be sacrificed for the many.  The class was divided into two groups.  Who who was for the majority and one who was for the minority.  I was placed on the majority side, which was a hard side to debate. 

I wanted to say that I do not agree the few being sacrificed for the many.  This is an unnecessary evil but, some people are sacrificed for the many.  Some not by choice. 

Under the Henrietta Lacks discussion, she did not have to be sacrificed for the many.  But if we did not have her cells, we would not be as advanced in the medical world as we are now.  If we did not have a lot of vaccinations we would not be as healthy as we are now.  I know many people are opposed to vaccines, but I know they have helped me in the long run. 

Leslie Walter

No comments:

Post a Comment