Saturday, April 21, 2012

hope and artifice

The examples told in chapter 14 from Medical Apartheid along with all the other horror stories we have encountered over the semester have made me wonder - Is it better to not know these things, or deal with the reality? I decided to ask some of my friends what they thought about doctors in general and only received positive things. I know if I asked the same question to our class everyone would hesitate and tell me how they 'll never be able to look at their personal doctor the same way anymore. However, it is a good thing to question your doctor because they are too highly viewed for always telling the correct thing to do. 

Its fascinating to see the medical advancements humans are making each year including the examples of a machine heart and synthetic blood - scary but cool! What you never hear are the sacrifices that were made to get there. Its a shame that those who are being used tend to be underprivileged people, especially because they are paying for something they cannot afford.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment