Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pictures?

We were discussing the debate about whether or not it was alright to view pictures of the Hottentot Venus. I feel that it would be ignorant not to look at pictures of her. Our culture has matured enough that we can look at something like that, and we don't judge it. Whenever I see someone that others might call a freak, I think to myself that they are different than me. But everyone is different. So why would those differences make them a freak, while others do not? The idea of someone being a freak because of a physical difference does not even cross my mind. However, I find it interesting to see how vast the differences between some people can really be. It's truly amazing to see some of the obstacles that people can overcome. Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right. Everything in life comes down to having the will to succeed. The only thing that can stop you is yourself. Those that are blessed with a functional life and don't take advantage of it are the people that I pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment