Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sincerity

I found the movie that we watched to be very moving. Probably for a completely different reason than others though. I thought that the clown was a very inspirational character. I have not read every single blog post thus far, but I haven't seen much about him. I thought that his affection that he showed toward everyone was very sincere. He judged them for who they truly were as a person. Whether they were a freak or not, he looked at what was on the inside. He was a friend to all (all that deserved it, anyway). I think sometimes people try so hard to accept others that are different, it almost appears to be offensive. I often start to question if it is genuine, or if they are just doing it so that others will think they are good people. Don't be nice to them because it makes you look good, be nice to them because that's how they deserve to be treated.

1 comment:

  1. Phroso, the clown, mentions at several points in the film that he has had an operation, the details of which he does not discuss. What might this operation have been and what does it suggest about Phroso? Is he a "freak" as well?

    ReplyDelete