Saturday, February 18, 2012

Gynecology

Going to see the gynecologist is always a strange experience that no woman really looks forward to.  But now after reading about Sims I am extremely distrubed and I do not think it will ever be the same.  Sims was sick and twisted in my opinion.  I think the experimenting he did on women is absolutely disgusting and a social injustice.  It baffles me that people would not connect the dots back in those days, if you are experimenting on slaves and applying those treatments to white people then they are obviously humans and the same.  I agree with class discussion that bad doctors were extremely common back then, but the things Sims got away with is a tragedy.  These women he experimented on were not only put in danger but they were used and discarded like nothing.  I am thankful for the medical advances Sims is credited with but I think there were other ways to go about this.  He simply had disregard for the life of a slave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment