Saturday, February 18, 2012

The sad truth of men

Julia Pastrana was taken advantage of by her husband.  She was paraded around like a perfoming monkey and it is very disheartening.  Unfortunately, this is not the first time a woman has let a man control her life.I can only imagine the things he said to her to get her to agree to being a side show act.  I do not think Julia's husband really loved her.  I think he loved money and would do anything to get it.  It is crazy to me that he was allowed to have a HUMAN BEING stuffed and shown to the world.  It baffles me.  This is a very extreme form of a controlling man in a relationship.  This is a sight we see very often today, when women are in abusive relationships.  He may have not hit her but he controlled her life and I am sure she did not think there was any other way anyone would love her.  It would be interesting to know the details of their relationship. I think there is a strange fascination with "freaks" in this world and even today we expose them to the world through reality shows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment