Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cake Discussion

On another note, I'm glad that the cake post facilitated some discussion.  It wasn't a very obscure article, either and I'm surprised that more people didn't pick it up.  The fact that it was so blatantly racist, sexist and just plain insensitive is extremely baffling to me.  The idea that a cake, one of the most glorious of God's creations, could be used in such a way by someone in a position of power, is to me at least, disgusting.  The terror of racial oppression that has occurred over the last five centuries is as horrific as it is misunderstood.  Creations such as this cake, which I understand was meant to showcase the insensitivity of an elected official, should still be frowned upon.  The gender aspect of it is indicative of how much more ground women have to cover, black women in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment