Saturday, April 28, 2012

Final Reflection


This course has offered me a critical lens to examine and analyze different historical and contemporary events, and explore the way in which science, society, and authority become interwoven, influencing one another in dramatic and sometimes detrimental ways. Furthermore, I have been able to apply the course material beyond the classroom to my everyday life. For I constantly find myself thinking of  a new question which applies to the course or recognizing something which relates to a topic covered in class. It has also help to inform my efforts of understanding a variety of different areas such as women’s reproductive health, disability, and body modification. Also, the information I've gained I have been able to use and apply to a variety of other courses and course work, including my Psychology independent study and Women's Studies capstone project which seeks to examine the stigma of menstruation. I feel that the knowledge which I have gained from this course will continue to have a profound impact on my life, and the way in which I view society, medicine, deviancy. With new knowledge gained from this course, I am able to make more conscious decisions regarding not only my healthy, but has inspired me to offer alternatives and information to others. Also, I must mention that the atmosphere of the class truly allowed for discussion and thoughts to flourish in a respectful and educating manner which I greatly appreciated. History of Authority was truly one of my favorite courses I've had the privilege of attending, and will continue to carry the knowledge which I've gained with me throughout my life and career.

Angela B.

No comments:

Post a Comment