Friday, April 27, 2012

Final Thoughts

Before this class, I had a very uncomfortable relationship with my doctor. Every time I had to go visit him I dreaded it. The entire time I was there I was sweating bullets in that thin paper gown. My doctor never really listened to me. If I complained about anything he was very dismissive, almost as if he didn't care or trust me. In all honesty, I thought that everyone had a relationship like this with their doctor, and thought that I was just going to have to get used to it. But taking this class made me realize the very complicated relationship between doctor and patient. It also made me realize that my relationship between my doctor wasn't supposed to be that way. Needless to say, I ended up switching doctors, and I am much happier! I really enjoyed the class. History of Authority took and alternative perspective on oppressions in our society that I never really thought of before. The class room environment was wonderful. Thank you everyone for creating a safe atmosphere where I could talk freely without being judged. I don't feel like I can do that in many other classes. Thank you Jeff for always putting 200% into your students and your teaching. I am glad I got to take this class my last semester.

1 comment: