Thursday, April 26, 2012

Modern Day Barbie?

In class we discussed body modification through plastic surgery.  This was a very interesting discussion because what is considered deviant under this topic.  Is too much plastic surgery deviant or is too little plastic surgery deviant?  I know personally, I will never go under the knife to get bigger breasts or a tummy tuck.  I find it very weird that people are obsessed with this area.  When I think of cosmetic surgery I think of Pamela Anderson and how unnatural she looks.  Yes, these people may seem more confident, but why would you want to put these risky objects into your body.  I have seen documentaries on television where plastic surgery has gone terribly wrong and people have gotten infections from it and been very sick, yet people still do it. 

I do believe it is an addiction because once you start, some people clearly can't stop.  There are a lot of different perspectives on this topic and debates as well.

Leslie Walter

No comments:

Post a Comment