Sunday, March 4, 2012

Define me

In the reading Social History of Lesbian and Gay Identity the author bring up the topic that our sexuality defines us. I think the reading is completely true, looking at society today that is all we are obsessed with. We want to know when we first meet a person what they are. We are determined to define people and put them into categories. For the rest of the weekend I tried to find ways in which we put people into boxes to make life easier for us, but are we really. On my journey I stumbled on Facebook, I realized that Facebook is another way society is trying to manipulate sexuality. Our status about ourselves is a little behind the times. The choice you can be is either male of female according to Facebook. I would have thought that a young company would realize that there are more genders out there. I see the world in a different light now that I have done this reading. I now realize that there are a million and one things that define us (sexuality) every day. From the clothes we put on in the morning to the person we lay next to each night.   -Sarah Fiorella

No comments:

Post a Comment