Friday, March 9, 2012

Response to "Offending Magazine Cover" Post

I was so shocked to see this. I think that the supermarket using the protective shield is absolutely ridiculous and offensive. I had no idea that this had happened. If the supermarket wants to "protect" young shoppers then they should put the shields in front of the magazines with half naked women on the cover. How would seeing an image of two men with a baby corrupt a young shopper but an image of a half naked woman not? Honestly if I had saw that in person I probably would have moved the shield to a different place. Things and actions of this offensive nature towards the LGBT community really upset me. How would the people who decided to put this shield up feel if someone censored their family picture? I have a feeling they would be upset, so how can they justify doing this to Elton John and his family?

No comments:

Post a Comment