Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mutter Museum Thoughts and Body Worlds Connections

During Tuesday's class when we watched the movie on the Mutter Museum, I was really intrigued in the whole thing.  When we discussed it in class about if we would go to this museum, I would totally go because of all the interesting history behind it, even though these were once people and it doesn't seem really ethical.  When I was watching this I couldn't stop thinking about the Body Worlds exhibit that came to Buffalo and how amazing it was.  When I actually look back on my experience there, I realize how weird it was.  People signed their bodies over to science to have them displayed in many different ways.  I did not really think about this until Jeff and Angela said something.  The women were in very domestic poses and the men were in very masculine poses.  This really made me think and I totally agree with the gender norms we discussed with in Thursday's class and how society forms them.  Now I am really interested in visiting the Mutter Museum because of this discussion and class!

Leslie Walter

No comments:

Post a Comment