Saturday, February 25, 2012

Abby and Brittany Hensel

Before Thursday I had already seen the documentary on the conjoined Hensel twins. I always found it very interesting that they tried to live separate lives, but did everything together. I was very impressed with their teamwork and how easy they made everyday tasks look, that seem hard while conjoined. I do not think that separation ever crossed their minds. I think that if I grew up combined with another person, it would be very hard to adapt to living life on your own. The fact that they live such normal lives shows that people who are conjoined twins are not monsters in any way. The articles brought up the idea that people do not know how to react to them. Do they treat them as one person or as two separate people? The Clark essay says that conjoined twins are pressured to be normal, the Hensel twins are normal and are trying to show people that they are not different than any other teenagers. They said that the reason for doing the TLC interview was to stop people from staring and taking pictures of them. This topic was very eye opening and made me look at them in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment