Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Preparing for the worst...

I was really interested in the conversation we had in class yesterday. It was the one about preparing our Armed Forces for their worst case scenarios and death. I was thinking about it and if they were to do this then I feel like a lot of our men and woman would not want to fight. This actually might scare them away. This might not be the case for everyone, but for most. Death is such a serious and painful thing to experience, but witnessing it first hand is a whole different story. I agree there should be more preparation for this, but not in the full extent. From what I heard they learn from experience. I believe this is true. Ive learned how to handle situations because I experienced them and went through them first. An experience that comes to mind is when we learned CPR in High School. We practiced on dummies, watched videos and got certified, but we did not experience the real thing. My friends and I are were at dinner and one of my friends started to choke. I didn't know to react and just froze. My friend took action and saved her life and I didn't do anything. I learned from this and now know how to react and respond in this type of high stress situation. It helped to actually experience it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment