Thursday, February 23, 2012

"Stuck on You"

This week's readings also reminded me of the movie "Stuck on You" that Shawna mentioned in her conjoined twins post, and I agree with what she said. To add to that, I like the song "Human" that plays at the ending credits, and it is sung by Cher. I decided to post the lyrics to the song below. Do you see any connections between our readings and these words?

I don't see right, and I don't see wrong
In anything I've done
In where I've gone.
And I'm only human
Yes I've made mistakes
I wish that I could foresee
What I'm doing wrong, and catch some breaks.

Through a doorway I'm callin'
Down a long road I'm walkin'
Like an eagle soarin' up so high.

You can see it in my hands
You can see it in my face
I'm chasing passion down
A one way street.
But I'm in command
Of lost control
And I'll tell you one thing's certain,
That I'll never fake it for anyone.

(Repeat Chorus)

Run
To a place you'll never hide,
To a place you hold so tight
And you'll try, and you'll try, and you'll try.

I don't see right, and I don't see wrong,
And I'm only human,
Yeah
I've made mistakes

- Josh Steffen

No comments:

Post a Comment